Join our team in Washington DC and be part of 2014 with us!
• Degree from accredited college or university and at least 4-7 years’ experience in state government relations/communications/public affairs/campaigns;
• At least 4 years of experience in research, report production, or policy formulation at the state level;
• Extensive knowledge of SRHR issues and related social justice issues (immigration, Latino civil rights, etc.) with experience in policy advocacy, organizing, and coalition building;
• Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communications skills in English; similar Spanish competency is a plus;
• Excellent analytical and advocacy skills;
• Outstanding organizational and communications skills, including ability to work independently and as part of a team with staff at all levels;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and remain composed and focused under pressure;
• Demonstrated commitment to reproductive justice and/or Latino civil rights;
• Prior community organizing or campaign experience is helpful;
Submit cover letter, resume, two 1-3 page writing samples (email marketing/op-ed/press release/blog post/etc.), and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include in the subject line: Applicant for Campaign and Communications Manager
• Cultivate and strengthen relationships with community partners and organizational allies;
• Conduct necessary research related to reproductive health policy; research and prepare policy briefs, fact sheets, public education campaign materials and all other related materials;
• Collaborate to create taglines and talking points about SRHR and related campaigns
• Develop messaging for multiple communication channels (e.g., website copy, social media, printed marketing collateral, etc.)
• Represent the interests of Voto Latino, coordinate efforts with partner coalitions and partner organizations, and oversee the strategic engagement of those relationships to contribute to our efforts and overall success;
• Conduct trainings, presentations, and media interviews on behalf of Voto Latino and represent Voto Latino in partner coalitions;
• Develop internal workplans, track progress towards goals, and report activities and outcomes with key members of the Voto Latino team.
Travel may be required.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position. College credit is available.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
- Avid user of the internet, social media, and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and passionate about community organizing and social justice
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Self motivated, fast and independent learner
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Promoting Voto Latino's message
- Supporting coalitions and creating new partnership opportunities with other organizations
- Using creative development research for the execution of marketing and communications
- Assisting with logistics for events such as town halls, fundraisers, and receptions by
- Researching event materials and locations
- Helping coordinate celebrity appearances
- Assisting with planning and recruitment for Voto Latino events
- Supporting the development team with daily tasks such as writing reports, researching partners, ect.
Other responsibilities may include:
blogging, and developing other forms of digital communications and processes.
Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube required
Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Knowledge of WordPress or HTML a plus
You will get real world experience in dealing with meeting deadlines, marketing and social media efforts in the non-profit world.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter email@example.com with “Digital Media Intern” in the subject line. Emails only, no phone calls please.
Help manage Voto Latino’s Facebook and Twitter Support the Online digital directed in collecting relevant and topical news stories
Research and distribute information on current events, legislation, trends, and pop culture
Archive past campaign creative materials and analytics
Help with distribution of external newsletters
Support marketing initiatives: ordering, distributing and measuring success of materials.
Creativity, enthusiasm, commitment, and professionalism
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Versatile writing styles and good writing skills
Flexibility, good time management, and attention to detail
Self-directed, proactive and solutions-driven
Extensive knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc
An innate understanding of pop culture and news
An interest in politics and social justice work